#RiceRecipes #VeganRice #RiceFlavors #RiceIngredientsMix #LemonFlavor #CookBetterRice #VeganRecipes #HealthyVeganRecipes #VeganFood #HealthyRecipes
▶️ Subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/c/FoodImpromptu
▶️ Stay Connected
☞ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/foodimpromptu.original/
☞ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ca/foodimpromptu/
▶️ Recommended Playlists:
LENTIL & BEAN RECIPES – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPaJFxzwi-U&list=PLTrjXDGPX0Vy7h1c6msdM2VChOdUYbOqY
QUINOA RECIPES – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP3b2vpcGpQ&list=PLTrjXDGPX0Vz69GBlQH2whY3hyAyfOlVY
VEGETABLE DIPS / SPREADS / CRACKERS – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTLAtFJeYpY&list=PLTrjXDGPX0VyxNtajkSNCggy4qB9ZsdQI
HIGH PROTEIN SALADS – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5VtfeGVc8o&list=PLTrjXDGPX0VxVAwkWlmO5rUjviAcQZWCY
VEGETABLE PATTIES & SANDWICHES – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5FyBcKNGn0&list=PLTrjXDGPX0VzHbOtkiM1SHhCFH0MzOLIG
▶️ RECIPE INGREDIENTS: (3 to 4 servings)
To cook rice:
1+1/2 cup / 300g WHITE BASMATI RICE
2 cups / 500ml Water
Cook the rice in a wider pan, this will prevent the rice from getting soggy.
3 tablespoon Cooking oil (I have used light olive oil)
1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
15 to 20 Curry leaves – fresh/dry/frozen (OPTIONAL)
1 cup / 130g Onion
1 cup / 150g Carrot
1 cup / 150 Red bell pepper
2 cups / 170g Snow peas (or snap peas)
2 tablespoon / 9 grams Ginger – finely chopped
1 teaspoon Turmeric
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper or to taste (OPTIONAL)
Salt to taste (I have added total 1+1/4 teaspoon of pink Himalayan Salt)
2 to 3 Tablespoon Lemon juice (I have added 3 tablespoon – I like it slightly tangy)
3/4 cup / 30g Cilantro leaves – chopped
2 teaspoon Sesame oil
1/3 cup / 50g Roasted peanuts
Wash the basmati rice a few times until the water runs clear and soak for 30 minutes.
Once soaked strain the rice and transfer it to a wide pan and add water. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and cook it for about 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
Uncover and fluff the rice with a fork. Then set it aside for it to cool down.
Now heat a pan and add 3 tablespoons of cooking oil and let it heat thoroughly. Once the oil is heated, reduce the stove heat to low and then add the mustard seed. (Reducing the heat will prevent the seeds from burning). When the mustard seeds start to crackle, then add the cumin and curry leaves and give it a stir and fry it for a few seconds. (Please Note: If you add the mustard and cumin seeds together, the cumin will burn before even the mustard seed crackles do be careful there).
Now add the chopped onion, carrot, bell pepper, salt and turn the heat to medium. Fry until the onion starts to caramelized. Then add the finely chopped ginger, turmeric, cayenne pepper and fry for another 1 to 2 minutes to get rid of the raw flavour of the turmeric.
In the mean time, break any lumps in the rice. Add the snow peas, rice, salt to the pan and mix everything thoroughly. Turn off the heat and then garnish with lemon juice, cilantro leaves and sesame oil. Mix well and add roasted peanuts. Cover and let it sit for 3 to 4 minutes before serving.
(You can make this with left over rice as well).
– Every stove is different, so adjust the heat of your stove accordingly. At any point you notice the pan is getting over heated reduce the heat
– This recipe is for white basmati rice, if you are using a different kind of rice adjust the water accordingly
– Cook the basmati rice in a wider pan, this will prevent the rice from getting soggy
– You could use left over cooked rice for this recipe
– Reducing the heat to low before adding the seeds will prevent the seeds from burning
– When adding the seeds add the mustard seeds first and let it crackle and then add the cumin seeds and curry leaves. If you add the mustard and cumin seeds together, the cumin will burn before even the mustard seed crackles do be careful there
– The garnish completes the dish so please do not skip any of the ingredients