NUT-FREE VEGAN CHEESE SAUCE: https://www.rainbowplantlife.com/blog/nut-free-vegan-cheese-sauce (other recipes are below)
*MY KITCHEN ESSENTIALS*
Frying Pan: https://amzn.to/37B98Tc
Food Processor: https://amzn.to/38L8Aub
Le Creuset Dutch Oven: https://amzn.to/3aRN3lm
Instant Pot 6 quart: https://amzn.to/3aQY1aQ
Japanese Knife: http://bit.ly/favorite-knife
Large Cutting Board: https://amzn.to/2RYa0L8
Immersion Blender: https://amzn.to/3aOnbHd
Meal Prep Containers: https://amzn.to/2Ua8YOK
All Other Kitchen Equipment: http://bit.ly/kitchen-equipment-shop
Film & Photography Equipment: http://bit.ly/photo-gear-shop
MY COOKBOOK: The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook: Wholesome, Indulgent Plant-Based Recipes!
ORDER ON AMAZON: https://amzn.to/2liT4lZ
MORE COOKBOOK INFO: https://www.rainbowplantlife.com/blog/vegan-instant-pot-cookbook
*90+ delicious vegan recipes made in the Instant Pot*
*With tons of gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, and refined-sugar-free options
NUT-FREE CHEESE SAUCE
*Note: 1 batch of this Nut-Free Vegan Cheese Sauce makes enough for all of these recipes (4 grilled cheese sandwiches, 12-16 ounces of pasta, and 4 large quesadillas).
RECIPE #1 BUFFALO JACKFRUIT GRILLED CHEESE: https://www.rainbowplantlife.com/blog/buffalo-jackfruit-vegan-grilled-cheese
RECIPE #2: CREAMY CHEESY PASTA
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta of your choice until al dente. Drain the water and add as much vegan cheese sauce to the pasta, toss to combine, and heat through.
RECIPE #3: TEX-MEX TEMPEH QUESADILLAS
*1 TBSP oil
1 8-ounce block tempeh
1 small onion, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, diced (remove seeds if sensitive to spicy food)
14-16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
2 tsps chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp kosher salt + more to taste
3 TBSP tomato paste
1 TBSP lime juice
2-3 tbsp water, as needed
1 – 1½ cups Nut-Free Vegan Cheese Sauce
8 extra large tortillas
1. Grate the tempeh using a box grater.
2. Heat a large deep skillet over medium heat with the oil. Once hot, add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften. Add the garlic and jalapeno and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
3. Add the grated tempeh, mushrooms, and the Tex-Mex spices (chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika), and cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring often. Add the salt during the last minute of cooking. Add a bit of water as needed, to prevent burning or sticking.
4. Stir in the tomato paste and lime juice and stir to combine well. Cook for another 3-5 minutes. If the mixture starts to dry out, add 2-3 TBSP water as needed.
5. Remove the filling from the skillet and set aside in a bowl. Wipe down the skillet and return it to medium heat.
6. Spread one tortilla with several tablespoons of the Nut-Free Vegan Cheese Sauce. Spoon 1/4 of the tempeh-mushroom filling on top. Drizzle a few more spoons of the cheese sauce on top of that. Top with a second tortilla.
7. Add the quesadilla to the large skillet over medium heat. Place a smaller skillet on top of the quesadilla so that it presses down on the quesadilla. Cook the quesadilla for 3 minutes, then flip and cook another 1-2 minutes, or until both sides are crispy and nicely browned. Repeat with the remaining sauce, filling, and tortillas.
SUBSCRIBE for new videos every week! http://bit.ly/rainbowplantlife-subscribe
Learn more about veganism, healthy eating, food photography, social media, and happiness.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS VEGAN RECIPES & INSPIRATION?